I saw this gorgeous dress on one of the style blogs I subscribe to. Truly this is a beautiful dress but since the post was entitled “must buy for autumn” or words to that effect I just had to laugh because this dress is actually not going to flatter a lot of shapes.
Avoid this dress, or another like it if:
- You have big breasts – the turtle-neck will smother your boobs and make them look bigger.
- If you’re bigger on top – the same with big breasts. You need the open cleavage to de-emphasize.
- If you have a little extra in the middle – again it’s just going to emphasize everything.
- If you’re bigger on the bottom – this style is going to cling everywhere and emphasize the difference. Clingy on top is ok, but opt for a flared skirt to offset.
- If you’re a rectangular or brick shape – this dress highlights the waist and if there’s no waist then that is highlighted as well.
- If you’re extra curvy – this is going to show every single curve and roll and imperfection. It’ also going to emphasize what’s there so unless you’re very comfortable with your curve this is one to miss. If you’re curves are kick ass then break out the spanex and go for it.
- If you’re not curvy – you need more structure in your clothes. Something that clings like this is going to highlight that there’s not much to cling too.
Try this dress, or another like it if:
- You’re an hourglass and you don’t have any of the issues mentioned above. It will look sensational.
Despite that this dress is actually sold out.
There is no such thing as a must-have in clothes. We just come in far to many different shapes. Don’t get sucked in to buying something just because its what the shops are selling this season. Sometimes its better to go without than jump on a trend.